Instead of negotiating directly with your spouse, you can have your family lawyer manage the negotiations on your behalf. Where:
- you are uncertain about your ability to effectively handle your own negotiations;
- there is an imbalance in power or confidence between you and your spouse;
- your legal or financial issues are complex;
- there is a high degree of hostility between you and your spouse; or
- your issues are likely to end up in Court,
among other circumstances, it may be best to conduct your negotiations though your family lawyer. Your family lawyer will possess tools and skills which may bring very contentious or complex cases to a resolution before what is generally the last resort, namely Court.